Yoga Therapy Workshop Part 2
Learn How To Increase Spinal Stability, Mobility, Endurance and Well-being
Yoga Park, Shipmeadow, NR34 8HJ
The spine is designed for both mobility and stability, and often we can have too much of one and not enough of the other. For optimal daily functioning, we need a certain degree of mobility: enough to look behind us while backing up a car, to get down/up from the floor, or out of a bath, to play our chosen sports. We also need enough stability to lift and carry objects or our children without risk of injury.
Tension in any part of the back can result from bad posture, lifestyle choices, habitual patterns of holding ourselves or moving, tight hips and legs, stress, anxiety, sadness, old traumas, emotions we have not yet dealt with or let go of. These tensions limit free movement and flow of energy throughout the body and cause physical discomfort.
During this workshop you will discover
- The causes of injury.
- Understanding spinal mobility vs stability
- Understanding how your own body/mind uniqueness affects range of motion
- Facia and its effects on the body during movement.
- Understanding stress vs health
- Yoga postures to increase spinal stability and mobility, at the same time building spinal strength and endurance.
- Learn how to release and let go of ingrained tension.
- Finishing with a deeply healing and relaxation Yoga Nidra
This workshop is not intended to be medical advice, if you have back pain or spinal conditions please check with your healthcare professional before committing to the workshop.
Cost: £60.00 – A light lunch and refreshments included