New Year Retreat Day
Saturday 21 January, 10.30 – 4.00pm
New Year Yoga & Mindfulness Retreat
What if by managing your breathe you could help reduce anxiety, stress and improve overall health!
Mid-winter can feel like a dark time for many when we want to curl up and hibernate. Especially after the Christmas season, we can be left feeling tired and sometimes even a bit low in the mood. This is the time of year to nourish yourself with self-care and self-love, gifting yourself with a few hours just for you. The emphasis of this down-to-earth New Year retreat is gentle self-care and relaxation, but at the same time learning simple, easy practices to relax and calm the mind and body. We can’t hope to bring our stress and anxiety under control or release tensions without first bringing our breath under control as the breath and stress are intimately linked.
What you’ll practice during the day
- Gentle therapeutic yoga stretches/poses,
- Guided breathing practices (learning techniques to incorporate into your daily life, without taking up all your time),
- Guided mindfulness practices (an opportunity to experience how mindfulness can help calm the breath and heal the mind and body),
- Body Scan (learn the habit of scanning your body for tension spots and releasing them through the breath and visualization),
- Yoga Nidra (a deep healing mediative relaxation)
Who is this suitable for?
- Whether you’re an experienced meditator or just beginning, discover the benefits of simple yoga and mindfulness practices with an experienced guide.
- Come by yourself, or as a beginner, or with a friend.
- There are chairs for those who find it difficult to sit on the floor for longer periods.
- Even if you’ve been practicing yoga and/or mindfulness for years, this retreat will deepen your appreciation for the benefits they bring.
The benefit of the retreat
- Start the New Year feeling connected, centered, and grounded.
- Gain knowledge of healthier lifestyles – discover what will work for you
- Participants will leave the retreat feeling relaxed and nourished.
Location: Beccles Station Community Rooms
- With an eye on costs, I’ve kept it simple this year – just be comfortable and ‘Come as you are’!
- Simply bring your yoga mat, perhaps a blanket (although the room is cosy and warm), and any other equipment which you may need.
- I will provide yoga blocks.
Cost £65.00 – includes refreshments and a light lunch
To book your place or chat about the day email or give me a call