New Year 2024 Yoga & Mindfulness Retreat
Saturday 10 February 10.00 - 1.00
Beccles Station Community Rooms
My Yoga & Mindfulness New Year retreat will be a little later this year.
The format of the summer retreat went well, so again with an eye of costs, I’m keeping it simple and local. We’ll meet for the retreat in Beccles Station Cafe for coffee and cake, giving us an opportunity to meet-up with old friends and mix with likeminded people.
retreat is on self-care, relaxation and a little ‘me-time’.
So, if you’re looking for a fresh way to start the New Year but aren’t into the pressure or hustle that surrounds making resolutions, I invite you to join me.
As always, the emphasis of this down-to-earth retreat is self-care and relaxation, but at the same time learning simple, easy practices to relax and calm the mind and body.
What you’ll practice:
- Gentle therapeutic yoga stretches/poses, which can be performed on a chair.
- Guided breathing practice – we can’t hope to bring our stress under control or release tensions without first bringing our breath under control, as the breath and stress are intimately linked.
- Guided mindfulness practice – an opportunity to experience how mindfulness can help calm the breath and heal the mind and body.
- Yoga Nidra – A deep, healing relaxation, relaxing the body and mind, allowing our nervous system to do it’s job of maintaining balance – ‘rest & digest’.
Who is this retreat suitable for?:
- Whether you’re an experienced meditator, or just beginning, discover the benefits of simple yoga and mindfulness practices with an experienced teacher.
- Come by yourself, as a beginner, or with a friend. There are chairs for those who find it difficult to sit on the floor for longer periods.
Benefits of this mini retreat:
- Participants will leave the retreat feeling relaxed and nourished.
- For many, this is a wonderful way to spend a few hours and an opportunity to step-out of our busy day-to-day ‘doing mode’ of mind, and move into our ‘being mode’ (rest and digest) allowing us to recharge.
- Although the day itself is not a course – the intention for the day is to provide an opportunity to understand our minds a little better.
- Even if you have been practicing yoga and/or meditation for a while, this retreat will deepen your appreciation for the benefits they bring.
- These practices can be beneficial/helpful for those suffering from chronic fatigue, burnout, long covid, cancer, anxiety/stress, or those who may be in recovery from illness.
Location: Beccles Station Community Rooms
- Simply bring your mat, (I will provide blocks), perhaps a blanket, and any other props that will allow you to stay comfortable4 during the retreat.
- There will be an opportunity to ask questions about how mindfulness can help manage anxiety, stress, insomnia or illness, both at home, or work or in our relationships.
- So come as you are and leave with a greater understanding of mindfulness.
Cost £30.00 – includes coffee/tea & cake