Getting Started With Mindfulness
Saturday 20th & 27th April, 10.30 – 1.30 (2 Sessions)
Saturday 20th & 27th April, 10.30 – 1.30 (2 sessions)
Mindfulness is a quality that every human being already possesses, it’s not something you have to conjure up, you just have to learn how to access it.
Taking an active approach to looking after our mind is as essential to our health and well-being as exercise and diet.
To experience how learning mindfulness might support you personally consider joining this short 4-week introduction course in which we will cover:
- An introduction to Mindfulness meditation,
- How to learn meditation
- The power of mindfulness in your everyday life – Find a place of stillness & calm within
- What stress does to the body, and how mindfulness can help
- The opportunity to experience practical guided mindfulness meditations in a supportive way.
- Develop a daily meditation practice – audio meditations you can download and use anywhere
So, what are the benefits? (Research has shown that mindfulness-based stress reduction can:
- Lower anxiety/reduce fatigue
- Increase immune function/lower blood pressure and heart rate
- Increase attention and focus & Improve sleep/Promote calm
- Increase clarity of thinking and perception.
Who is the workshop for?
All of us! No previous experience required. All human being sometimes experience being overwhelmed by events, feel afraid and suffer with anxiety, worry and look for something that will really help them.
You may have had a go at meditation and found your mind too busy or that you fell asleep; or you may have been recommended by someone else to try out mindfulness – whatever your reason, this is your opportunity to find out more.
Cost : £75.00 – Bookings essential